Pizza On the Grill Class
We are teaching 2 very awesome Pizza on the Grill Classes with our friends at Ace Hardware Alameda Station and Ace Hardware Highlands Ranch. Join us for these classes and learn the art of pizza making, pizza sauce recipe, featured pizza recipes and how to cook on your Big Green Egg, Traeger Wood Fired Grill and on your Weber Gas Grill.
Highlands Ranch Class is Sunday July 17th – 3pm – 5pm
Recipes for the class are below: Click on the link to download
Chef Jason’s Worlds best Pizza Tomatoes Recipe:
Pizza Grilling Tips:
No Brick Oven at Home? No worries, try the Big Green Egg, Traeger or Weber for an amazing Pizza on The Grill experience
Bring the heat
1. Charcoal Get a well developed fire going, add the plate setter and pizza stone, close the lid and bring the Big Green Egg to 600 degrees and hold.
2. Gas/Electric Turn the grill on and heat to 500+ degrees and hold. Load the pizza stone cold, to the cold grill and heat them up together.
3. Wood Pellet Turn the Traeger on and heat to high (425-450) degrees and hold. Load the pizza stone cold, to the cold Traeger and heat them up together.
Set the crust – Par Bake Crust
Transfer the crust onto the grill using a well-floured pizza board or pizza rolling mat. Grill the crust uncovered for 1 minute, or until the dough is slightly charred and rigid. Rotate it 90 degrees and cook for another 1 minute. Now flip the crust; cook it for another 1 minute. Remove it from the grill. Congratulations, you now have a par-baked crust
Add the toppings and Cook
With the more cooked side up, sauce and top your pizza. Return it to the heat and cover the grill. Cook the pie for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese melts, the ingredients cook through, and the bottom is well cooked. Adding just the right amount of pizza sauce, toppings and cheese is key. Adding too heavy of sauce, toppings and cheese will result in a grill cleaning party after the pizza party.
Remove the pizza and finish it with a sprinkle of Fishy Fishy Herb Seasoning and some Parmesan or pecorino Romano. Cut into wedges and devour.
Quick and Easy Stewed Tomatoes
- Oil, Olive Blend – 2 Tbsp
- 1 ea Onion, white, medium sized – Diced
- 2 Cans (15oz) Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes – Opened. DO NOT DRAIN
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Fresh Minced
- Sugar, White – TASTE
- Salt, Sea – TASTE
- Pepper, Black ground – TASTE
Heat a large sauce pan and add a small amount of olive oil. heat the oil for 2-3 minutes and then add the onions, sauce the onion until it starts to caramelize or turn golden. Add the Garlic and sauce for about 1 minute. next add the tomatoes with juice and stir to combine. Cook this down and evaporate about 50% of the liquid. Season to taste with sugar, salt and pepper and cook again until only 25% of the liquid remains. Turn off the heat and allow the stewed tomatoes to cool. Can be stored in a covered container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.