Product Review – iGrill2 – Chef Jason Morse | 5280 Culinary and the Ace Hardware Grill Expert
This review is based on our product use for well over 210 cooking events per year, 65ea briskets and over 800# of pork. 🙂
Talk about a great product, this iGrill2 Wireless Bluetooth Thermometer is our GO TO for temperature control. What we love most it is the ability to use this with our iPhone and Apple Watch thru the iDevices App. The app features make this tool a must for any outdoor cooking. With the ability to setup custom programs, custom temps and even custom alarms, it will take a lot of the running out of your next grilling adventure. Less opening of the grill or smoker means better temp control and less loss of heat and smoke. iGrill2, iGrill Mini and assorted add on Probes are available at your local owned Ace Hardware Store in the Grilling Department.
- Great range – coupled with the iPhone and Apple Watch you get well over 200 foot range
- Accepts 4 probes
- Has a High temp Ambient probe
- Easy to use app
- Data tracking for the smoking or cooking cycle
- Long battery life
- Ability to use outdoors or in our kitchen in our oven
- Allows you more time to get things done around the house versus constantly temperature checking your smoke items
- Needs to be waterproof – our work around for this is a tightly sealed ziplock bag
- Be sure to keep phone and app updated to ensure the best bluetooth connection
- Wifi next?